This is a window into my life.... Infertility, Pregnancy Loss, Marriage, Weight Loss Surgery, and finally... a multiple pregnancy.

Learn more about my Infertility Journey here:
3 years and counting

Welcome to the World Orion and Ronin!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, February 4, 2013

14 week bumpdate!

Oh glorious 2nd trimester... how I love thee! :) I'm finally starting to get some energy back. I actually cleaned the house this last weekend. I don't feel completely exhausted all the time. It's a welcome relief! Also, the nausea is all but gone. I think I got really lucky in that regard, especially with having two babies growing in there and pumping hormones into my system. I only had 3-4 weeks of bad morning sickness. It could have been much, much worse. Hopefully I'm not jinxing myself either. My most exciting development in the last week is feeling one (or both) of them move. I know in my heart that's what it was. It seriously felt like a fish in a fish bag like when you bring them home from the pet shop. I don't know any other way to describe it. It is also 6 weeks or less until we know for certain whether there's 2 hot dogs, 2 buns, or a hot dog and a bun cooking in there. (Eloquent aren't I?... lol).

Our little babies are now the size of little lemons. Each baby is about 3.4 inches and 1.5 ounces, they have almost doubled in weight since last week. Pretty impressive little bugs they are! They have also started growing hair! I've been having more and more body aches. Round ligament pains have started. I also get hip pain now and again. I know that's probably my hips preparing for the babies to arrive. Other than that, things are going splendidly. I have no complaints.

Oh oh!! The other day my mom bought us 2 car seats via a sale at Babies R Us! They arrived on our doorstep tonight! That made this whole "twin" thing seem a lot more real. TWO CAR SEATS! Holy Moly! I love them! The seat themselves are super light when not attached to the base which is great since I'm going to have to be lugging around 2 of them. They are gray, red, and black. (Red is my favorite color.) They are also very gender neutral. Thanks mom! It was fun giving Thayer a brief carseat lesson too. He's never really been around infants so this going to be very interesting. I don't think he'll be taking them anywhere by himself... lol probably EVER, so I'll be able to help him out and teach him about everything.

 


I also filed our taxes today. We're getting a really nice return, which will definitely help out with buying baby stuff times 2. Next year we'll have 2 deductions... lol. >.<

Last but not least... here is the latest bump photo. It's grown even the last week. I still feel like I just look fat, but hopefully soon I'll look pregnant. lol in another 14 weeks I'll look like I'm about to pop.

This is what 14 weeks worth of twins looks like!





1 comment:

I would love to hear what you have to say!