This is a window into my life.... Infertility, Pregnancy Loss, Marriage, Weight Loss Surgery, and finally... a multiple pregnancy.

Learn more about my Infertility Journey here:
3 years and counting

Welcome to the World Orion and Ronin!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, February 18, 2013

16 week -- 4 month Bumpdate!

Well I'm well into my 2nd trimester now! I woke up Sunday morning crying because all I could think of was how lucky I am and how I never thought the day would come that I would be a mother to a child on earth. I felt silly, but I can't even begin to explain how overwhelmed with emotions I was as I laid there in bed next to my husband with my growing belly.

So... an update on the babies and me. The babies are forming the bones in their ears... lol. Guess I better watch what I'm saying and yelling :-P  They are also developing tastes buds and getting hair including eyelashes and eyebrows. It makes me wonder what color of hair they will have. Red runs in both Thayer's and my family. His mom and dad have auburn hair and his sister is strawberry blonde. I have tons of natural red highlights. Wouldn't two little red-headed twins be cute? (.... oh.... but imagine the tempers attitudes!!) The last few days I've really been able to feel them moving, especially after I eat and whenever I have anything with any type of sugar. Sugar = baby crack. It seems to cause a disco in my belly. It's weird feeling one move on one side then the other move on the other. Sometimes it's still sinking in that we're having two babies. Sometimes I even forget for a second or two. It's exciting and scary all at once. So many people have told me how lucky I am to be having twins, but inside I'm petrified that I'm not going to be able to take care of them while pregnant and how we will provide everything for them after they arrive. Thayer is going to have such a huge learning curve. I hope that I can semi-prepare him for everything that is going to happen.

Our next doctor appointment is February 27th, I will be just over 17 weeks along. We'll get to hear both babies heartbeats through the doppler and they will do my next stage of blood work. Also at that time they will schedule my anatomy scan to make sure they are growing correctly and to see what sex they are. I'm STILL holding out hope that there is a little girl in there along with a boy. That would be ideal, but I'll be happy so long as they are both healthy. I'm going to try to have the anatomy scan over Spring Break so I don't have to take time off of work. So that will be the around the 2nd week in March.

My belly has really started getting large in the last 1-2 weeks. I know that it's only going to get much, much bigger. The babies are supposed to double in size over the next 4 weeks. I've been eating a lot more the last 3-4 days. It seems like the only thing I do is eat, sleep, and pee. I'm finally almost back up to my pre-pregnancy weight. That's a good thing. I know I will certainly have a lot of trouble gaining the proper amount of weight throughout this pregnancy.

This weekend we went home to Kansas to visit family and friends. Mom and I went baby shopping all day on Saturday. We got lots of deals such as a bag full of neutral clothes for 75% off! I also got a penguin bath towel because I have a penguin obsession. I went out to lunch with some of my best friends from high school. It's always good to catch up with them. It's amazing how even after 10 years we can always manage to pick up right where we left off no matter what or where we've been. It's amazing and they're amazing :) I'm lucky to have such great, supportive people in my life!

Bump Picture!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say!