This is a window into my life.... Infertility, Pregnancy Loss, Marriage, Weight Loss Surgery, and finally... a multiple pregnancy.

Learn more about my Infertility Journey here:
3 years and counting

Welcome to the World Orion and Ronin!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, March 4, 2013

18 weeks!

Today is 18 weeks! Things are going great. I have so much to look forward to this week. We have our anatomy scan in less than 2 days. I'm so ready to know if we're having boys, girls, or one of each! One big event that happened last night was I felt my first kick... or punch! One of those babies in there was feeling pretty feisty. It really surprised me. I know it's the first of many! I'm still waiting on the day that Thayer can feel them too. I know it won't be too much longer. He's just so sweet when he rubs my belly or kisses it. I'm so glad he finally feels comfortable with it all and isn't worried. I wish I could say the same. Each time we get ready to go in for an appointment I get worried/anxious that something will be wrong with one of the babies. I hold my breath until we know they're both alive and squirming in here. I wish I could be like some people and have a blissfully naive pregnancy. I wish I could have felt comfortable announcing at 6 weeks or start making purchases before 14 weeks. I wish I didn't have to worry about the "what ifs."

I still can't believe we've made it this far. I'm not taking a single moment of this for granted. Does my back hurt? Yes. Do my hips kill me some days? Yep. Are my boobs gigantic and throb? You bet ya. Do I complain? NO! I'm thankful to be pregnant. I'm THANKFUL to feel these things because I know what it's like to have to wait month after month, year after year, to finally have my dream(s) growing in my belly.

18 weeks and getting rounder!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say!