This is a window into my life.... Infertility, Pregnancy Loss, Marriage, Weight Loss Surgery, and finally... a multiple pregnancy.

Learn more about my Infertility Journey here:
3 years and counting

Welcome to the World Orion and Ronin!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Patriot in Me

Well today is Veteran's Day. I always thought I was a patriotic person. I knew the Pledge; I sang the "Star-Spangled Banner." I did the flag salute at camp. I know the words to Taps. I can tell you about US history. I loved and respected our military and all that they have and are doing for us. I NEVER wanted to become a military wife. Believe me, I always swore I would never ever marry someone in the military. Then that thing called LOVE happened and now I sit as the proud wife (and daughter)of a US Airman. Words cannot express how becoming part of the military "family" has changed me. I see the ins and outs of military life. I see first hands the ups and downs of military life. Often those that serve here at home are forgotten, but they're no less important than those serving aboard. Yes, there job is less dangerous, but it takes everyone working together to keep us safe and free. Military life has not been an easy adjustment for me. I felt so alone for so long, but even when I felt most alone and isolated from my home and family I knew I was doing something great. I was supporting the love of my life while he defends and protects our nation. I love him more than words can say. He's an amazing man, he's an amazing Airman!

The song below tears me up. I pray that I never have to go through losing my husband. I can't help but cry when I hear this song. All the men and women that have sacrificed their lives for me and my family... words cannot express what a special place they have in my heart.

This song also hits home for me... Freedom really doesn't come free and I'm sure we're all guilty of taking what we have for granted at some time or another. And finally, some pictures of my own personal hero... Senior Airman T.O.!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say!