This is a window into my life.... Infertility, Pregnancy Loss, Marriage, Weight Loss Surgery, and finally... a multiple pregnancy.

Learn more about my Infertility Journey here:
3 years and counting

Welcome to the World Orion and Ronin!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Friday, October 21, 2011

Just Because You Popped it Out Your Vag...

Doesn't mean you KNOW everything.

I'm so SICK of women with children saying that people without children know NOTHING about them. Um... really? There are plenty of people in this world that have popped a child out of their vagina that know NOTHING about raising it. Giving birth doesn't make you a good parent. Just because I haven't given birth doesn't mean I don't know a lot about it. I guarantee I know more about raising a child than half the people in this world that are actually raising one.

I've taken countless classes on child development and psychology through both my Bachelor's and Master's in EDUCATION. hmmm education... doesn't that have to deal with children? Oh... and lets not forget all the babysitting I did when I was younger. And OMG... I work at a daycare. Bet I've learned NOTHING about raising children. I've actually learned a lot about what NOT to do.

Just because a person is reproductively challenged, doesn't mean they don't know how a child should or shouldn't eat. It doesn't mean a person doesn't know the importance of a child having structure and a routine (which is SEVERELY lacking in the lives of many children on this base.)

I'm not saying I know everything, because surely I do not. People with children don't know everything either. I just hate that people discount the advice from people without children simply because they've never popped a child out of their vagina.

**end rant**

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say!