This is a window into my life.... Infertility, Pregnancy Loss, Marriage, Weight Loss Surgery, and finally... a multiple pregnancy.

Learn more about my Infertility Journey here:
3 years and counting

Welcome to the World Orion and Ronin!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Saturday, March 31, 2012

My Ovaries Put on their Big Girl Panties!

It is official. My ovaries put on their big girl panties this month and I ovulated! Yay! The only thing I'm a little confused about is that I ovulated on CD 12. This is earlier than most women ovulate and it is also much earlier than what I used to ovulate before surgery. I always ovulated a little late (CD 16) and the month I got pregnant I ovulated on CD 18 or 19. I'm not sure what this means for the condition of my eggs. Either they were growing like rock stars and popped earlier or they weren't fully mature and popped anyways. I don't really know and it would be impossible to tell at this point. The one thing I am concerned about, however, is if I cut Thayer off in time. Because of my past history of ovulating late I didn't cut him off with consideration of ovulating on CD 12 in mind. We last BD 2 days before I ovulated. This could pose big problems. This would have been fine if I was normal and ovulated on CD14-CD16... but then again when do I ever do anything right? I guess we will see.

I had a ton of ovulation pain this month. For about 16 hours it felt like someone was stabbing me in the right side with an ice pick. My nipples were unbelieveably sensitive and it hurt to wear a bra. Also, I have gotten my temperature spike. It is still elevated and will remain that way until my body gets ready to have it's period. Because of the massive switch of hormones, estrogen and progesterone, that comes with ovulation, I have been very tired. That is the only thing that could explain the extreme amount of fatigue I'm feeling since I'm only 5dpo. I just hope that the bad ovulation pain and the fatigue means my ovaries are working great now. Here's to hoping. I think I'm going to go ahead and stay of BC next month as well and see if things go well for 2 months in a row. If you have any ideas on what CD12 might mean along with other symptoms please leave a comment. I'm always interested in what people have to say about what I'm posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say!