This is a window into my life.... Infertility, Pregnancy Loss, Marriage, Weight Loss Surgery, and finally... a multiple pregnancy.

Learn more about my Infertility Journey here:
3 years and counting

Welcome to the World Orion and Ronin!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

It's the Little Things

This is my Be Thankful compilation number 1. If you have questions about the challenge please refer back to this blog. The Be Thankful Challenge.

Challenge Day 1
Today I am thankful the Clomid prescription that I refilled today. I am hopeful that this might be THE month. In the same line with the prescription, I am thankful that my body responds to the Clomid. There are so many woman who don't have the option to take Clomid or whose body doesn't respond to it. At least I'm lucky enough to have a body that responds to it.


Day 2
I am thankful I went through with my surgery and had the support I did. I am happier and healthier than I have ever been in my life. I am thankful I had no complications as well. I have no regrets whatsoever about having gastric bypass surgery. It has done nothing but change my life for the better. Sure, I have sacrificed things like soda, beer, fatty foods, and most sugary desserts, but I wouldn't change it for a second. I'm so much more healthy. It has also significantly improved my PCOS so that hopefully I will be on my way to motherhood soon!

Day 3
I am thankful my puppies. They have helped me get through some of my roughest moments. When I'm feeling down they are always there to give me love unconditionally. My dogs, especially Myst, have been such a source of strength for me in the past. There was one really low point in my life several years ago that I really thought about killing myself. I was at my wits end and so depressed. One thought that crossed my mind was "What will Myst do without me? She'll be so sad." When I went through my miscarriage and then recovery from surgery they were always right there beside me, just wanting to be as close as possible to me. I couldn't love them more. They are my furry children!
 
Day 4
I am thankful for a roof over my head and food in my tummy. There are so many people on there that don't have these things and it's a shame. We're one of the richest nations in the world but we have starving and homeless people :(
 
Day 5
I'm thankful for my education (which is almost complete as I graduate in a month!!!). I love the profession I'm going into and love knowing I can make a real difference in the lives of children. I have worked hard to complete my Bachelors degree as well as my Master's degree. I can't wait to start putting all of this knowledge in my head to good use. I'm ready to have my own classroom and to really start impacting some lives. I couldn't have picked a more rewarding profession, though the pay certainly does not reflect all the hard work. I am thankful to know I will be changing the lives of hundreds of kids because of the positive, responsible decisions I have made.
 
Day 6
Today I am thankful that I rocked my Praxis test. Now hoping I get a call back soon about a job. The Praxis test is the certification test that teachers are required to take before receiving or adding on to their teaching license. I needed a score of 158 out of 200 to pass. I scored a 182!!! I passed with flying colors. I was so happy I did the happy dance while my dogs looked at me like I was crazy.
 
Day 7
Today I am thankful for the internet. It allows me to talk to friend and family hundreds and thousands of miles away. It allows me to go to school and do my homework. It also provides fun and entertainment. It has allowed me to meet some of the most amazing people, including my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say!