This is a window into my life.... Infertility, Pregnancy Loss, Marriage, Weight Loss Surgery, and finally... a multiple pregnancy.

Learn more about my Infertility Journey here:
3 years and counting

Welcome to the World Orion and Ronin!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Good Old Girl...

Yesterday I sold my car :( I had her for 9 years. She was the first car that I ever bought. I got my good old girl at the end of my senior year in high school. It was bittersweet to let her go. Before I took her to the buyer I had to take her for one last spin around base. My old girl and I had a little chat. I told her that she was a good girl and that we had some good times, but that it was now time for me to move on. I heard from her new owner and he is very happy with his purchase thus far. I think he got a really good deal and I ended up getting more for my car than I would have from trading it in. The amazing thing is, I sold it within 5 hours of listing it online. I really didn't think that it would sell that fast. I truly thought it would take a week at least. I was pretty certain that I would be able to sell it because of living next to the base as well as being so near the oil fields.

Now the real trick is for Thayer and I to juggle one vehicle for a couple of weeks. That should be a lot of fun... not! I really can't wait to go to Minneapolis on the 30th! I'm so ready to have my new car!

The last few days there has been some drama on a Facebook page I run called Infertile Military Couples. Basically, there are some people that just can't be nice or say anything nice. They have to be rude and mean with everything they post. I got sick of it. I banned 2 people... that makes my total number of bans 3 since launching the page over a year ago. People dealing with infertility have enough to deal with, without having to deal people bullying them. I'm not going to allow people to bully me or anyone else. I want the page to be a place of mutual respect. One woman told me that I basically shouldn't have any of the feelings an infertile person does because we aren't even trying right now. She said that you choose to stop trying so I didn't have a right to feel the way I felt. I'm sorry... but stopping TTC doesn't magically flip a switch. In reply to her I wrote, "LAST I checked... just because you choose to take a break from TTC (for ANY reason) doesn't mean you're NOT infertile. It also doesn't mean you DON'T feel the same pain as being infertile. The pain doesn't miraculously go away just because you aren't counting cycle days anymore and having timed intercourse month after month. It's still there and it still hurts just the same."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say!