This is a window into my life.... Infertility, Pregnancy Loss, Marriage, Weight Loss Surgery, and finally... a multiple pregnancy.

Learn more about my Infertility Journey here:
3 years and counting

Welcome to the World Orion and Ronin!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Wishes Happiness Was As Contagious as the Clap

I think that everyone being down and depressed on Facebook and other outlets is seriously effecting my mood. I can't really ignore them. I have to be a friend and try to be understanding, but where do I draw the line? I'm not talking about those that occassionally say "Life sucks, etc." I'm talking about the ones that have to find something to bitch about in every single status update they make. More people need to turn their frowns upside down. There is always something positive in your life if you look at it. Yeah some things may suck, I know that better than most, but it's all how you look at it. If you dwell on the negative then of course you're going to be uphappy. I know I used to be this way. I used to be the Queen of Negativity, but I'm trying to turn over a new leaf. I want to be happy for once and look at the positive side of things. Life is to short to be unhappy all the time.

The good things in my life:

1. My loving husband. Yes he has his moments when he's a jerkface, but I know he loves me.

2. My friends, both new and old. I miss my old friends from my hometown and from college, but the ones that really matter are still my friends no matter how far apart we are. And my new friends, I have to admit I have finally met some pretty awesome ladies up here in North Dakota.

3. My awesome parents. I just want to say that my parents rock my socks. My mom is my best friend and I'm so glad that we have such a wonderful relationship.

4. The rest of the family. Most of them are pretty awesome :)

5. My super awesome dog Myst and Thayer's pain in the ass Kaia. Myst has been my rock and baby for over 6 years now, and I don't know how I would have gotten through some things without her.

6. Food to eat. I have food to eat. Enough said. I can be happy for the little things in life.

7. My house. I love my house other than the stupid tile.

8. Good books. I have read so many good books in my life. Some funny, some inspirational. Who couldn't be happy about good books?

There are a lot of other things in my life that make me happy.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you decided to make the turn-around. I know there is a lot in the world that can bring people down, but none of it will make you happy if you can't be happy with yourself. The trials get harder as we get older and move through life, if we keep ourselves down, we'll end up drowning before we see the sun shine through the murky water.

    I understand how unfair life can be, but when no matter what happens or what people say you are always having a bad day or always in a bad mood, it's time for anti-depressants. I have quite a few people on my friend's list that need to consider this. In the beginning, friends try to help and cheer you up, when you keep going with the bad days and negative outlook, friends might feel bad and try to get you involved... but after months of reading negativity every time friends log into facebook, it tends to get annoying because it seems that you want your life that way after months of not doing anything to change your outlook.... then people start to back off. I've learned this from experience and have been on both sides of it. It's not that people don't care, it is simply that you are brining people down with you and they don't like it.

    If you can't see the good from where you are standing, you need to get out and find it. Life is short and when you're old wishing you had done things differently, it is too late to make up for lost time. Don't do this to yourself... no matter what trials you face; you'll regret it in the long run.

    ~Sara
    A friend with more trials than anyone deserves at this age.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say!