This is a window into my life.... Infertility, Pregnancy Loss, Marriage, Weight Loss Surgery, and finally... a multiple pregnancy.

Learn more about my Infertility Journey here:
3 years and counting

Welcome to the World Orion and Ronin!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Saturday, August 11, 2012

First Blog Award!! - Liebster Award

I have been nominated for my first Blog Award by A Country Girl Can. She's someone I've been communicating with for a while and we're friends on Facebook.

The Liebster award is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing and welcome.




Rules for the award:
Each person must post eleven things about themselves.
Answer the eleven questions the tagger has set for you.
Come up with eleven other questions for the people that you are going to tag.
Choose eleven people (with less than 200 followers) and tag them in your post, no tagbacks.
Follow the tagger and visit at least three of the nominees.

11 Things about me

1. I married my husband less than three months after meeting him. We started dating at the end of July, got engaged at the beginning of September and then married October 16, 2008.

2. I have played in a blizzard where we got over 24 inches of snow in less than 36 hours. The drifts were over 6 foot tall.

3. Some of my favorite foods include steak, beef jerky, and fried potatoes.

4. I have little to no modesty left. After enduring many people looking up my girly parts, my philosophy is the more the merrier. I've had no fewer than 10 people looking up there in the last couple of years.

5. I loved living in the dorms when I was in college. That is one of the best experiences of my life. I made some amazing friends and it was so much fun.

6. Some of my favorite alcoholic beverages include Moscato wine, White Zinfandel wine, slippery nipple shots, and strawberry daiquiris.

7. I do not like cats. I am 110% a dog person. I appreciate the fact that my dogs use the bathroom outside instead of inside my house and I never doubt for a second that my dogs love me because they are always so jubilant when I walk through the door.

8. I like reading young adult novels. Some of my favorite books include the Harry Potter series, the Twilight series, and the Hunger Games series.

9. I don't like my father-in-law and never will. He disowned my husband because I was fat when we got married. Since then he has also disowned his daughter because she moved out and is trying to better her life. He isn't a very nice man.

10. I have met and dated more than one man I met on World of Warcraft. I have made lifelong friends through playing that game. Some of my best and most honest friends are the ones I've met online.

11. Even though I have lost 101lbs in less than a year, when I look in the mirror I still see the old, obese me. My mind cannot wrap itself around the weightloss. The only time I think I look slim is in pictures.

My 11 Questions "A Country Girl..."
1.) Why did you start a blog? Is it Family Friendly? Adult Content? or Just Because?!
I started my blog as a place to vent my emotions about struggling with infertility. It began as a diary of sorts. I then began reading other blogs by women/couples struggling with infertility and thought that what I was writing might be able to help others or educate others about infertility. It has since expanded to include information on pregnancy loss and weightloss surgery.

2.) Favorite Animal whether it be a pet you have now or any animal in the wild?
My favorite animal is my doggy Myst. Kaia, my husband's dog, is a close second.
3.) How long have you been blogging?
I have been blogging for just over 2 years. I used to blog some on myspace though back when it was "cool."

4.) If you could travel anywhere where would it be and why?
The two places I have always wanted to visit are Ireland and Japan. I want to visit Ireland because I think it is beautiful. While I'm there I would like to go to England as well to see the Globe Theater and some of the historic places from Shakespeare's time. Japan is on my list for the gaming aspect. I love technology and video games.

5.) Guilty pleasures we all have them what are yours? (Shopping,Food ect....)
My biggest guilty pleasure is video games. I love to play World of Warcraft. :)

6.) Desk Top or Laptop which do you prefer and why?
It depends on what I'm working on. I have both. I use my desktop for gaming, and my laptop for homework and just playing around.

7.) Siblings do you have them? If so, are you the oldest,youngest, middle child?
I have two older half-sisters and I'm the baby by a long shot. My middle sister, Kim, was killed in 2007.

8.) What are some of your FAVORITE bloggers you follow?
The Broken Birds & Bees -- She blogs about infertility, her pregnancy loss and other things. She has PCOS just like me.

9.) Iphone or Android? Which do you prefer?
Android all the way. I hate Apple products. I refuse to pay 3 times as much for an equivalent product. I've also had bad luck with their products such as them crashing and me having to write papers completely over because the saves didn't take, etc.

10.) Hobby, do you have one besides blogging?
Between working full time and completing my Master's I haven't really had much time for hobbies in the last couple of years. I do still play WoW on occasion and I like watching TV. I also like to do Zumba for exercise.

11.) What was/is your dream job?
I'm happy to say I will be starting my dream job very soon. I'm finishing up my Master's in Special Education (graduate in December). Then I will be able to apply for jobs as a Special Education teacher.

My 11 Questions for my nominees

1. If you could vacation anywhere, where would you go?
2. If you had unlimited money for one day, what would you do?
3. If you could meet any celebrity dead or alive, who would it be and why?
4. You can only take 3 things with you to a deserted island, what would they be?
5. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
6. What is your biggest fear and greatest wish?
7. What is one thing you would change about yourself if you could and why? If you wouldn't change anything, why?
8. Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
9. If you could go back in time 10 years, what advice would you give yourself?
10. What was your favorite subject in school?
11. What is your biggest pet peeve?

My Nominees - I don't follow too many blogs that have under 200 followers...
The Broken Birds & Bees - Infertility, PCOS, pregnancy loss, currently doing IUI
This Space For Rent -- Infertility, pregnant through IVF
Always Kiss Me Goodnight - Infertility, pregnancy loss, currently pregnant naturally.
The Inadequate Conception

1 comment:

  1. Yay I saw this before checking my email to see your comment on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say!