This is a window into my life.... Infertility, Pregnancy Loss, Marriage, Weight Loss Surgery, and finally... a multiple pregnancy.

Learn more about my Infertility Journey here:
3 years and counting

Welcome to the World Orion and Ronin!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Better as a Memory

There are some people in this world that are better left as a memory. You move on, move away, drift apart, lose contact for whatever reason... and sometimes it is best left that way. I mean, everything happens for a reason right? There are those people that have come into my life, who changed it, who made it better (or worse) and are now in the past... why bring it up again? Why open old wounds or rekindle the past? Some times it is better to hold memories dear that you made with someone... good, bad, or bittersweet memories. At times, it is better to keep those memories untainted than to risk corrupting them with a new image of the old person. Everyone changes. Some people change for the better, some for the worse, but inherently everyone changes. Sometimes the people we once knew are almost unrecognizable. Some people are best left in yesterday and as memories. I think people have to earn their spot in today and in new memories... Sometimes it is just better to let go and say goodbye. Sometimes goodbye is the only way you can tell someone you love them. Sometimes you just have to let go.  **And now I'm rambling**

I've learned you can't change the past, you can only make tomorrow better based on your knowledge. I've spent too long looking in the rearview mirror instead of looking at what's right in front of me. So now... I'm going to roll the windows down, let the wind blow my hair, crank up the radio and cruise (forward) down the highway of life.


Cause goodbyes are like a roulette wheel
You never know where they're gonna land
First you're spinning, then you're standing still
Left holding a losing hand
But one day you're gonna find someone
And right away you'll know it's true
That all of your seeking's done
It was just a part of the passing through
Right there in that moment you'll finally understand
That I was better as a memory than as your man
Better as a memory than as your man

From "Better as a Memory" by Kenny Chesney.

1 comment:

  1. It's kind of crazy that you would post something like this. I just told a friend yesterday that I needed space and got home to a long email giving me the old heave ho. I'm sure it's probably for the best in the long run. I think I'm more annoyed that she got the last word.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say!