This is a window into my life.... Infertility, Pregnancy Loss, Marriage, Weight Loss Surgery, and finally... a multiple pregnancy.

Learn more about my Infertility Journey here:
3 years and counting

Welcome to the World Orion and Ronin!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Sunday, May 6, 2012

International Bereaved Mother's Day

Today is International Bereaved Mother's Day. This is my second year taking part in the special day just for mother's who have lost babies and children. For the founders, it doesn't matter whether you held your baby in your womb or arms, to them you're still a mother. They know that you will carry that child in your heart always.

Recently I have been having more trouble coping with my infertility and pregnancy loss. I'm not even really sure why. It could be the influx of pregos on my facebook page that serve as a constant reminder of what I should have. (They have now been put on an "unsubscribed" status.) Self-preservation is now my goal and anyone who doesn't like it doesn't need to be my friend or in my life. I need to do what I need to do to get through the day and try to lead a happy life. If you can't handle that then the door is that way. ---->

I know that I will always be a mother. I knew the love of a child, no matter how brief it was. I even think that women who are going through countless infertility treatments deserve a special day.  They give up so much and go through so much just attempting to become a parent. This is more than can said about many babies.

Indeed, experiencing a pregnancy loss and infertility is something you can never quite understand until you've walked in that person's shoes. Even then, everyone experiences it differently. The emotions are slightly different, the stages thry go through might be different. It is not an easy path to walk, and so many feel they are walking it alone.

One day I will have my miracle... one way or another. Until that day I will always be a mother, my child was simply too beautiful for this earth. She is up there watching over me. I know she knows how much I loved her, miss her, and think about her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say!