This is a window into my life.... Infertility, Pregnancy Loss, Marriage, Weight Loss Surgery, and finally... a multiple pregnancy.

Learn more about my Infertility Journey here:
3 years and counting

Welcome to the World Orion and Ronin!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, April 4, 2011

Military Life... Military Wife...

So there have been a lot of things about military life that have been frustrating me as of late. I'm frustrated by always being in limbo. I can't ever make a plan or envision my future. I can't follow my own dreams because I'm stuck (for lack of better words) following my husband. We were supposed to get out of here in May. That may or may not happen. We don't know yet. What we do know is that we will be out of here by the end of the summer... supposedly. I sit here with a Bachelor's in English Education that I can't use... I'm almost done with my Master's, yet I still can't use it. It is so frustrating to have a dream that you can't attain. Am I saying it was a mistake marrying my husband and becoming an Air Force wife? No. I don't regret it for one second. I love him with all my heart, but I would like to make some plans. I would like to know what lays in my future. I would like to know where I will be living in 6 months. I just want answers and they never seem to come. I want to know if I'll be able to have my surgery. I want to know if I'll be able to continue my fertility treatments. EVERYTHING... our entire lives are in limbo and it is INCREDIBLY frustrating!!

The other aspect that has me frustrated is other military wives (some, not all). They can be so damn frustrating. Some of them have less maturity than their children. Some of them constantly bitch... Oh my husband isn't around to babysit me... blah blah blah. Time to grow up ladies. If you think 12s are bad... wait for deployment. Thayer used to work 16+ hours... sometimes they would go over their timeline and he would have to stay the night out in the field and he couldn't even call me to let me know. I just had to assume all was well when he didn't come home for 24+ hours straight. It's military life. Maybe it isn't the right fit for your family... maybe at first you didn't know what you signed up for... but damn... bitching all the time gets old. We are all military wives, we all have it rough for different reasons and we don't want to hear your sob stories. *Big Girl Panties*

Oh... and then there are the gossipers. Really... when you point a finger three more point right back at you. You're not innocent. You too make mistakes. Talking behind people's backs just makes you look pathetic. We're adults and not in high school anymore. It's time to grow up and put your.... BIG GIRL PANTIES ON!... okay, I could go on... but enough bitching and bad juju. Going to go to my happy place now... my husband's arms!

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel Mary trust me, that was me almost 4 years ago. I was frustrated and so mad at the Air Force. It's hard working for a degree and then having to just sit back and let your husband do his thing while you wait until it's your turn. I know trust me I still have my days when I'm like "WHEN WILL IT BE MY TURN!" But now almost 6 years married to this life I have accepted it. It's amazing what we will do for love ♥ I hope you get the answers you are looking for soon, don't get too frustrated Mary your time will come. Good things come to those who wait love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Mary. At least you want to use your degree...LOL...I have one and I hate it! Keep me posted on any advancements with your surgery. ♥

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say!