This is a window into my life.... Infertility, Pregnancy Loss, Marriage, Weight Loss Surgery, and finally... a multiple pregnancy.

Learn more about my Infertility Journey here:
3 years and counting

Welcome to the World Orion and Ronin!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sock It To Infertility

So, April 24-30th is National Infertility Awareness week. In honor of NIAW, I started a small crusade that is turning into a huge event. It started with just my family and friends on Facebook, but has spread so far. The event is called "Sock It To Infertility." It is an event that people donate socks to, and the socks are then distributed to women that are undergoing fertility treatments.  Right now I have over 100 people saying they will donate at least 1 pair of socks. I hope that I will be able to touch a lot of lives and that this help spreads the word about infertility and that it is a serious disease that affects millions of couples in the United States and around the world. Statistics say that it affects 1 in 8 couples in the USA, and could affect as many as 1 in 4 couples world wide. That is a staggering number. Fertility treatments are costly and most states don't mandate that insurance companies help cover the costs. For more information on how you can help those going through fertility treatments check out RESOLVE. RESOLVE is The National Infertility Association and they have a plethora of awesome information about infertilty, how to support those going through treatments, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say!