This is a window into my life.... Infertility, Pregnancy Loss, Marriage, Weight Loss Surgery, and finally... a multiple pregnancy.

Learn more about my Infertility Journey here:
3 years and counting

Welcome to the World Orion and Ronin!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, May 30, 2011

Well... Hello There

So... once again it is that time of the month. AF reared her ugly head today. (See... I knew I wasn't prego!) My cycle was only 33 days, which isn't that bad considering my PCOS and this is only my second period since the miscarriage. At this point, if I weren't going ahead with the surgery we would start thinking about going on Clomid again to try and get pregnant because we would be "cleared" to do so. But, since I'm going to have surgery and lose weight... we won't be technically trying anymore for a while. We aren't going on birth control... but for the first time in TWO YEARS we are going to be able to have sex when we want it not when my ovaries say we can have it. That feels amazingly liberating.

I'm supposed to call the clinic tomorrow and speak with a lady who will get my medical chart sent to the surgeon ASAP! So hopefully in the next month I will be able to have my consult, then get Tricare approved (takes a few weeks... 2-6). Then, once I'm approved they will set my surgery date. Usually the date is set about 4-6 weeks after your approval. I'm starting to get excited about it. I'm so ready to go out and buy new clothes and just be... healthier. I'm ready to fit in my old jeans again from high school. (Yes, I still have a few pairs lingering at my parents house in a bin.) I'm no longer scared of the surgery. I will only be under anesthesia for about 20 minutes. I will more than likely get to go home that day. The last time I was under anesthesia it made me pretty sick. I'm hoping that doesn't happen because it's a 2 hour ride home from Bismarck to Minot. I pray that Thayer will be able to take some leave so he can help me the first day or two after surgery. I will probably be out of work for a week. If everything goes okay then I could come back a week after surgery but I would have a weight limit. I'm hoping that I can get it done in August or September. That would be ideal for me. 

On another note... I'm sick of Minot's weather. It is ridiculous that it was 40-something degrees on Memorial Day. I'm so jealous of all my friend's pictures that they posted on Facebook of them BBQing and swimming and running around in shorts. This place is soooo miserable 10 out of 12 months of the year. Ugh! I can't wait to be out of here. I really do wish I could just pretend that Thayer is "deployed" to North Dakota and go back home for the next year until he's out of the military. I tease him that I'm going to do that, but I don't think I ever would/could. I'm so glad that he has decided absolutely that he is not going to re-enlist. I could not survive another 4 years here. I think he also plans to go back in and talk to the recruiter about "Palace Chasing" his last year. I really hope he does. I would love love love to get out of here. I had gotten so excited about the prospect of leaving then they yanked the rug right out from under us 7 days before Thayer was supposed to have his final out and start terminal leave. Effing Minot!

Anyways, I think that's all for now. Much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say!